Local Legal Advice From Lawyers
You Can Trust
Haslemere Dispute Resolution Solicitors
If you are involved in a legal dispute, early advice from a solicitor is essential. At Potter Owtram & Peck in Haslemere, our pragmatic and cost-conscious solicitors will explore all options available to you.
Whether you are defending a claim that has been made against you or you have been forced to take action against an individual or company, we work hard to avoid the expense and risk of a court hearing and find solutions at an early stage —we have the practical experience and knowledge to achieve this.
Litigation And Contractual Disputes Solicitors
Partner Anthony Ramsden (who also has extensive experience as a Deputy District Judge in the County Court), assisted by Simon Loveless, manages the dispute resolution and litigation work of the firm, handling a wide range of contractual disputes and legal disagreements on behalf of local businesses and individuals. We advise on:
- Disputes arising out of business or personal issues between parties, including disputes over property ownership
- Inheritance disputes and disputes over wills
- Consumer claims — Including claims arising from defective products and claims under the Sale of Goods Act
- Building disputes — We act for individuals who have been let down by builders and tradespeople. We also assist businesses that are having difficulty securing payment for completed work.
- Debt recovery
- Claims against solicitors, accountants and other professionals
- Landlord and tenant disputes — Including claims for the cost of repairs to dilapidated property and rent arrears
- Boundary and neighbour disputes — Establishing the precise border of your property and responsibility for the maintenance of fences and hedges sometimes leads to disagreements, but is crucial when you come to sell.
Using the very latest alternative dispute resolution techniques, including mediation, we seek to reach a settlement that is in your best interests. If court proceedings are unavoidable, we have the experience and track record to ensure that your case is carefully prepared and that you are represented vigorously.
Contact Potter Owtram & Peck
To find out more information about our litigation services, call us on 01428 642321 or email us.