Local Legal Advice From Lawyers
You Can Trust
Potter Owtram & Peck in Haslemere is one of the oldest law firms in Surrey. For more than 100 years, local people and businesses have depended on us for trustworthy, straightforward and cost-effective legal advice. With new solicitors joining us from time to time, we continue to adapt to meet the ever-changing needs of clients.
Surrey Solicitor Services: Getting Started
We hope you will choose us to act as your legal adviser, and we encourage you to come and see us for a no-obligation initial meeting.
We will carefully explain how legal procedures work and what our charges are likely to be and suggest concrete steps you can take to progress matters.
To comply with regulations, we need to see three documents confirming your name and your address.
Your passport or driving licence are ideal to confirm your name, and a recent (not more than three months old) utility bill or bank statement address page will satisfy confirmation of address.
If your passport or driving licence is not available, a recent document from a government body such as the Inland Revenue, Pension Service or similar will be acceptable.
We need to either have sight of the original documents (in which event we shall take copies for our file and hand the original documents straight back to you), or if you are unable to come into our office, you can attend a solicitor local to you who will be able to make certified copy documents and then post those certified copies to us.
We are open most Saturday mornings if that assists in production of ID papers.
What We Do
Our solicitors handle a wide range of legal matters. These include:
- Family — We advise on all areas of family law, including Matrimonial disputes.
- Property — Unrivalled local knowledge enables us to provide first-rate property law advice and deal with the full range of Residential and Commercial Conveyancing matters.
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation — The team advises on private legal disputes of all kinds.
- Wills — We provide wills, tailored to your individual circumstances.
- Probate and Estate Administration — We have particular expertise in this area, having dealt with a wide range of estates, including complex, high-value estates, over many years.
- Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney - preparation and registration.
- Court of Protection work - Deputyship applications and ongoing work.
Contact Potter Owtram & Peck
To arrange a no-obligation appointment with one of our Surrey solicitors, call us on 01428 642321 or email us. There is ample parking nearby and we are minutes from the A3.